Wednesday, May 18, 2011

For parents.

Dudes. I haven't read the book, but I'm so plugging it.

Go the [expletive] to Sleep: A Salvo for Tired Parents --NPR

Excerpt below!








The owls fly forth from the treetops.
Through the air, they soar and they sweep.
A hot crimson rage fills my heart, love
For real, shut the [expletive] up and sleep.
The cubs and the lions are snoring,
Wrapped in a big snuggly heap.
You're cute as hell and smart as [expletive]
But why in the [expletive] won't you sleep?


Seriously. I've some pregnant friends and family right now who I'd love to give a copy to, but no one who would approve. Which is too bad.

Interestingly enough, it's funnier with the bleep.

3 comments:

  1. I think this book is awesome. I wish I had thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyyyyyy!

    I am so adding your blog to my RSS feed, too, now that I've found it (again). I've missed reading you immensely! Hope all is well in CA -- let's catch up soon. :-)

    Lorien

    ReplyDelete
  3. I preordered 3 of these. I'm giving them as baby shower gifts. Seriously, best shower gift ever.

    ReplyDelete