Sunday, January 23, 2011

Recipe: Telestial Brownies

I'm going to use the box mix recipe because I've been a lazy, lazy girl lately. (yes, i know. it's not much more to make brownies from scratch, but srsly. it feels easier...and now i'm thinking about how much healthier, respectively, it is to make these from scratch--damn you, conscience!)

1 basic brownie mix. According to Berry Crocker, add:
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs.

So this needs some serious doctoring up because this shizz is whack, jack.

4 tbsp (1/8 cup) cocoa powder mix
1 - 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 tbsp INSTANT COFFEE.

Optional:
1 tsp cinnamon
Chocolate chips

It's goooooooood.

(but not good for you. except for the coffee part.)

...and now I'm wondering what it'd taste like with a little brandy or rum in it.

Either way, cook at 325 degrees for at least 20 minutes, if you have my 70's wall oven.

Wa-la. Telestial Brownies.

4 comments:

  1. If I have chocolate I want coffee, or a little red wine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm. Sounds yummy. Will have to try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mocha brownies! Sounds celestial to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmm. I picked the wrong day to start a diet. Maybe i'll just throw a few chocolate chips and a sprinkle of cinnamon into my morning coffee and pretend. I'm definitely going to try this recipe as soon as i break down and cheat on my diet, though :oP

    ReplyDelete